Saturday 8 March 2014

What's a Logo?

My class are so funny! We have been having a great time with our company already, and it isn't even fully up and running yet. We had our first "meeting" on the deck. One of the kids (in role) was miming smoking during the meeting. When told the premises were no smoking, he replied, "but we're outside!" Maybe he ought to try vaping :)
Most of the class were very into it, I had a couple of children who were a bit silly to start with, and I had to remind them of what we had agreed when we started.
We decided to come up with ideas for the company name and design a logo to match, and yes indeed, I did have several ask, "what's a logo?" so we discussed logos for a bit (out of role) and looked at many examples. I'm surprised they don't have Logo Quiz on their ipads, I even have it on the class one. Anyway, sometimes I wonder why some things sink in and some don't. Next day... we completed our ideas and put them on the "conference table" ready for some advertising/marketing expert type people (really us being other professional people) to come and judge, and a couple of children had submitted name ideas, but no logo. When asked where their logo designs were, I got the same question... "What's a logo?" 

I have a clicker thing, it's like one of those little bugs you used to get at birthday parties back in the day, but it is a bit more substantial than those used to be. I've had it for years and I remember I bought it because I can't seem to make much sound when I click my fingers. So I dug it out of my box of goodies and that is what I use for going in and out of role, and it is working very well. 3 clicks and were are in role, 3 clicks and we're back in the classroom. It sure beats trying to quickly whip the red wig on and off my head. At the end of last year the kids were horrified to find "Mildred's hair" in my desk drawer!


1 comment:

  1. Very interesting, you would think a logo would be something that would stick. Love the clicker idea, lol at the hair image.

    ReplyDelete