Tuesday 30 June 2015

Fun Maths Assessment

I created this assessment sheet last year to see how well the children could remember what 'radius' and 'diameter' meant, after doing some work with circles. I also wanted to see them use exact measurements with a ruler, in both centimetres and millimetres, and apply the Habits of Mind Persisting & Striving for Accuracy. They all enjoyed using the compasses too, and for many of them it was the first time they had tried, so I am pretty impressed with the results.
The task was devised after I saw another really awesome idea on pinterest.


The assessment sheet / instructions. I probably should add in a bit for them to fill in about what they did well, and what they would change next time, and a space for my comment too.


No comments:

Post a Comment