Wednesday 13 February 2019

Where to Start?

I am really excited about my new role as Senior Leader 2!
I've spent quite some time researching and reading information about restorative practice and emotion coaching, I even have interesting pieces saved on pinterest to refer back to. But I'm not really sure what to do with it all yet!
I just finished reading notes from the last Joseph Driessen seminar which was in June last year. I didn't go but I really wish I had! At least I'll get to hear him in April when he comes, I'm looking forward to it.
I guess once I have processed all of the info I have read, and maybe applied some of the ideas within my class (I'm already trying some things out) then I will be able to put together notes that I can share with the rest of the staff. Much of what I've read makes perfect sense, and I really love the idea of restorative practice. Sorry just doesn't cut it sometimes! Often. Actually, usually.
I am organised with Good Citizens though, I hope. I bought 4 picture books to use in the classrooms to help children understand what it means to be a good citizen. My class loved them. Eldest grandson loved "The Bad Seed" which I had to read to him many times when he came to stay during the holidays. Such a beautiful book. Youngest grandson just wanted "Crack in the Bum," his name for "I Need a New Bum" every night. Pam lent me "The Invisible Boy" to read to my class as well, an absolutely beautiful story that promoted much discussion.
So back to Good Citizens, I presented my ideas during our planning day end of last year. I hope everyone thought they were OK. It is quite different to what we were doing, and I really hope that the children will see just how much a privilege it is to be selected as a Good Citizen. Rather that prattle on, I'll post a copy of my ideas...
I know it's hard to read, it wouldn't let me put it on as a PDF so I just screen captured it.
Anyway, Tanya's mum is making the sashes, I am so grateful to her for this.
Tomorrow is my first Senior Leader release day, I've got a few things planned, I don't want to waste the time I've been given! I also need to do a second coat on the painting that I've done on a big slab of wood. Last year I designed an image to match our school whakatauki. Actually, my husband came up with the initial idea, which I modified and made into what I wanted... he's pretty talented I must say! So now I've painted the image into this big slab of wood, I keep looking at it thinking I should have made it bigger, but too late now. I'm not sanding it all off to start again! Took me long enough to sand it smooth in the first place.
I'll post a photo when I'm finished. Hopefully tomorrow!

No comments:

Post a Comment