Sunday 24 May 2015

The Superness of Pinterest


I am just quickly posting this while my class are busy creating graphs and charts for statistics. Two ideas I have used from Pinterest that work really well...
1) Bazinga - a game I found that another teacher created, it is an awesome game that can be used for any curriculum area but I am using it with my numeracy group and it is fun! I had to make it up myself, and even went as far as laminating the cards for it so that it will last. I really like it and the class love playing. It is a group game so involves everyone in the group, and I can use any questions I like. I don't watch telly so I didn't know Bazinga is taken from some telly show until someone pointed it out, but oh well!

2) Bottle of Dice - the other idea that I found on Pinterest, and love, is to put dice in a little bottle of water! I have been searching for the little bottles that I saw earlier in the year at The Warehouse. When I returned to get some they had none left, but last week one of my students said they had seen them there again. So I bought 2. It was the absolutely most revolting sugar free, zero calorie, fruit flavoured water drink ever, my husband managed to get his down, I tipped mine out, all for the sake of having a cute little bottle to put dice in. But they are adorable, and it stops the noisy, land on the floor and roll under furniture problem with enthusiastic dice rolling. Also, I can find the dice quickly, they don't get lost and put in the incorrect boxes, and I can change the amount of dice in the bottle to suit the game we are playing. The dice faces look magnified through the water too. Now I just need to get another few bottles. I wonder if the kids would drink the water?



No comments:

Post a Comment