Monday 11 May 2015

After Some Professional Development

It was really awesome having Dianne come in and take a maths lesson with my class. I got to see how it all works and gained lots of ideas, and answers to the questions I had in my head.
I saw interesting things happening within my groups, unexpected things like children reverting back to using repeated addition while trying to solve an equation that was obviously multiplication, and they had already done one just like it!
I liked that it really doesn't take as long as I initially thought, and it is definitely a do-able thing for each session. But I am still trying to figure out a way to keep record of their thinking and ideas for each problem. I hate the wasted paper, and using an A3 sheet for each group, and maybe 2 sheets per group per session, that's 7 groups times 2 is 14 a day and then 3 times a week is ...
OK, 14 +14 +14
or 3 x 10 + 3 x 4 hahaha, goodness knows how they would work it out, maybe 3 + 3 + 3 + 3....!
I don't want to have a big folder for each group with loads of paper, and I don't want a scrapbook either, but I think that might be the way to go. I do think that I could figure out a way to save paper while still being able to keep record of each child's thinking and when I do I will be happy!

1 comment:

  1. Yep I agree, being able to record ideas is a bit of a conundrum, perhaps a visual diary on a special pages document, or a google doc?

    ReplyDelete