Saturday 9 April 2016

Inspired by Apps!

I have a whole lot to post, and I need to get into the habit of posting right away, because now I have a whole lot to say and it's not all nice and orderly and I will miss things out!
Perhaps sub-headings will be the way to go...
Maths PLD
was awesome! I came away feeling very excited about the things I learnt, and wanted to share the Mindset reading with the rest of the staff (so I did) and I hope they liked it too. Since then I've found loads online about it, have considered this way of thinking in the classroom, and I have begun to introduce the idea to my class. I love it. Pam has a book by Jo Boaler which she offered to lend to me once she has finished reading it, thanks Pam! I don't yet feel that I know enough about it to fully use it... yet, but I will learn (and grow my brain!). Aside from that, I also found the information about active listening very helpful, and have used this in the classroom already. We created a poster which has been a great reminder for the class on how to listen. 
Digital Tech PD 
I wasn't really focused during our staff meeting, darn tummy bug! But I love google keep, padlets and that we are going to link maths and digital tech, and focus on our appraisal inquiry. Yay. And after all this time, years, of trying to stay anonymous and not have my real name or photo online, I ended up with my name on my class google account. It's ok though, I'm still refusing to have facebook!
The IDEAS session 
was a brilliant, motivating and inspirational afternoon, I enjoyed every second. I really did come straight home and download apps that I couldn't wait to try out. And I used them in class the next day! The Elements 4D app is amazing! I want to know how they made it! Lot's of exclamation marks sorry. But it really is super cool. I posted a video of the class using it on the class blog. 
I also have found an app that allows me to create my own hologram, so I got all carried away and made a video with the tellagami app and turned it into a hologram for the class for Mantle of the Expert - the commission from my fictional charitable organisation. I just know the children will want to make them too!
I put a padlet on the class blog after seeing Yvettes and the brilliant way she used it. 
Other things I love - popplet, reading eggs (for spelling for Will - who incidentally has achieved 8 out of 8 in spelling two weeks in a row - admittedly, the words all rhymed, but it's a start!), and puppet pals. These are all things we can use in our classroom. 
And the Mural
is almost complete! When I'm out there, painting, I feel like I could paint forever! The children involved in the designing and painting were just wonderful. I will complete it during the holidays, I just need to get up the ladder and paint another row of bricks and add detail to the lettering and put the names on. 


No comments:

Post a Comment