Monday 16 May 2016

A Little Reflection and a Bit of Art

We had a Maths/Digital Tech meeting today, and I have a lot to think about. I'm not going to write it all down right now, but as things happen I will post them.
One thing that I will mention, and that I was thinking about in the early hours of the morning (along with a jury summons for a 9 week trial - good grief, what teacher could take that much time away from their children?) was how much my attitude towards mathematics has changed. Looking back, when we first began Maths PD, my biggest concern was how much paper I would be wasting! How ridiculous. I spoke of this today, and although it didn't really relate to what we were discussing, I just had to say it. Now I actually have the children and their learning and maths and my teaching as priorities. Yay, glad I got that sorted out!
Art - Extension Group, I could just do this all year and be a very happy teacher! I very quickly wanted say that the digital technology PD is crossing over into Visual Art, I have so many ideas and it's another way to extend/accelerate learning. Admittedly, this group are a capable bunch of artists, but I reckon I could do similar with any children within the school. I bought some frames for some posters, the posters didn't fit (that will teach me for assuming they were A3 and not actually measuring - less than 1cm out but I didn't want to trim them) so I used them for the Art Extension Group's artwork. The apps I used were Photo Lab to create the postage stamp collage of corrugated card artworks, and Book Creator for the comic strip dragon sketches. The sketches were designed to be photographed with the ipad, and the photo had to include the student's hand interacting with the dragon. These are the results.
Leni with the collage. I love Photo Lab!

This is a funny angle, but the photo I took straight on had my reflection in it!


2 comments:

  1. Fabulous art! Yes digital tech spans across all curriculum areas!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Kia ora
    this just arrived in my inbox this morning, I think it will be something that you and your class might really enjoy. It is from Jo Boaler here's the link https://www.youcubed.org/task/optical-art-task/
    Enjoy.Kia pai to mahi
    Dianne

    ReplyDelete