Sunday 18 May 2014

Strange Coincidences

Not the greatest work ever, but I was just seeing what it could do!
After writing my last post, which included how I was going to show the class an app called Sketches, a funny thing happened. I was working on the ipad (playing Candy Crush) and an ad popped up for a new drawing app for kids called Drawing with Carl. I downloaded the free one and had a bit of a play, then decided to break my rules about purchasing apps and bought the full version for $3.49. It is awesome, but glitchy because it keeps quitting out of what I've done. I expect they'll fix the glitch as it's only a new app. I think the kids are going to love it and can use it for their illustrations for their books if they want to. I had a practise go creating the character for my book and sent it to my email and printed it. It has little mouths you can add which record voices too! I had a bit of fun with that!

And the other funny thing was that when the group creating the rhyming text were trying to create rhymes, they found a site called rhyme zone online. And then tonight I was reading the Interface magazine, and it is mentioned in there!

I also want to say before I go...
I do understand that using the Mantle of the Expert approach is not all about creating an end product, and my last post goes on a bit about an end product, so I will justify why it is important that we produce a book.
The EMR programme is all about marine reserves, and part of the programme is actually taking action. The action we are taking is to publish a book to explain or show something we have learnt or want to promote that relates to marine reserves. And the other reason is because I love doing stuff like that. Wow, I sound so professional in this blog!
I checked out everyone elses blogs too, and I made some very nice professional sounding comments on them all, and I have gained quite a few good ideas for the future, so thank you everyone else!


No comments:

Post a Comment