Tuesday 5 August 2014

Excuses!

I am not really going to make a thousand excuses for not updating this. People only remember your actions, not your intentions. But with good intentions I did begin this term, yes two and a half weeks ago, golly, and no one really cares that I intended to do a whole bunch of stuff, mainly because I've not yet done it.
Room 7 have finally settled into their temporary classroom, and it is a bit weird actually. Their behaviour is not bad, but it's not great either. Today, at lunchtime, I decided it was time to get back into Mantle of the Expert, mostly just to get them focused and back on track.
At the end of Term 2 a decision was made, and after numerous meetings and discussion, the class decided to go ahead with demolition of their premises (due to the book bug invasion) and use the money from Gianni Amarmy to purchase a film studio. This fitted well since in real life our classroom is being completely renovated right now.
We are the same people, but with a new business venture. We have gotten as far as a company name and logo. That's it so far.
Voting for the company name. The "kiwi eggs" show the votes. Goodness knows what the soccer one is all about!

This was the winner by 1 egg.

Sophie had some really neat ideas. The acronyms need a little looking at though!

A very close second!
Friday will be the new beginning, and I will update properly after that. One thing I will say, thank goodness for all the drama games I have up my sleeve now. They are little sanity savers, the children are always keen to play a quick drama game, they all participate enthusiastically, and with the weather being so stinky, it's nice that we can play them indoors easy peasy.

No comments:

Post a Comment