Thursday 11 August 2016

Thank you, Yvette!

A massively huge big thank you to Yvette, for showing me Blippar!

I took a study day today. I wasn't going to because I have too much going on in the classroom. But today was cross country, and it is cold, and I figured I may as well stay at home (where it is cold also) and create a Blipp!
Yvette discovered an amazing app called Blippar, and when she showed me her awesome Blipp and what could be done with it I just had to try it. I had some issues because I signed up for the wrong account to start with. If you get this for the classroom, make sure you get Blippar for education. Anyway, as of Wednesday, I have been able to use it without any hiccups so I am a very happy person. 
My first Blipp wouldn't work, I created one about kinetic art, useful for this term and the future. But last night I kept thinking about a topic and I didn't want to do the same one, and then I thought about our Zero Waste school, and I decided that would be a good topic with lots of opportunities to make links and include information etc. I was a good, honest person and only used images that were labeled for reuse, and I hope all of my information is correct. So here is my day's work. I will probably edit it some more in the future but I was eager to complete it and now it is almost 7pm and I'm still sitting on my backside in front of the computer!
To view 
Download the Blippar app (free)
In settings, type in the code 77600
Hover your device over the image below.


 
And check it out! 
You can move away from the marker image once your device has picked it up.
Thanks again, Yvette! I love this!  

1 comment:

  1. Blipper looks interesting. Can you tell me more about it and how it is used in your classroom. Ronda

    ReplyDelete